Time for another behind the scenes blog post!
This is our home for three months. (For those, like me, who aren’t good at car taxonomy, it’s a Mazda Bongo.)
The Bongo is 20 years old, and needs a bit of TLC. We have had three garage visits so far, one overnight. I think of it as Bongo B & B.
We did have an awning, but pegging it down on granite in the rain each time we moved sites was less than fun, so we posted it to Ellie (thanks Ellie, hope it’s not in the way) and now we are footloose and awning free.
Rain has accompanied us around the UK, but on the plus side, we have seen some fantastic rainbows.
The living space in the campervan measures 2 x 1.5 metres, some of which is taken up by the cupboards, fridge, cooker and sink. The rest of it is multipurpose.
Ten tips for sharing a living space of 2 x 1.5 metres for three months.
1. Take turns to move, carefully.
2. Even though there is nowhere for them to go, you will lose things constantly. Don’t worry, you are camping, almost everything is optional. Except the keys. They are here somewhere.
3. Herd any stray wildlife off your pitch before parking.
4. Always check how much water is left before you start cleaning your teeth.
5. You think you know all your travelling companion’s little habits. Believe me, you don’t! You will discover some new ones that you never noticed before. Breathe, pretend you are still blissfully unaware.
6. You will laugh ’til your sides hurt more times than you can remember doing in the past year. Maybe it’s time to reevaluate your life.
7. Be restrained with the souvenir shopping.
8. If you’re blogging in the Highlands, you’ll need to visit a lot of cafes. It would be rude not to eat cake.
9. Take your phone to the loo, even in the middle of the night, in case there is some interesting wildlife.
10. Relax, pour yourself something cold, and watch the sunset.
4 thoughts on “The Green Bongo”
Re point No 6, you may also find yourself swearing an awful lot more than you usually do, as you clonk your head, shin or back for the umpteenth time!
I may have learnt some new expressions…
Thanks for your fab blog post. Love the 3am hedgehog!
I’ve got a little blog about our Bongo adventures at http://www.adventureswithbernice.com.
Enjoy your travels! J
Glad you enjoyed it. Just had a look at Bernice’s adventures, looks like you had a good summer! We had a few Bongo chats on our travels too 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person